Crevice Lore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Crevice Lore

Order, Liberty and Chaos are controlling the minds of all those living in Calandhor, a continent placed in the medieval world of Athor. Welcome to Crevice!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tythos and Lyria

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LukeSG

Tythos and Lyria Empty
PostSubject: Tythos and Lyria   Tythos and Lyria EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 7:14 am

From a vision of arch-priest Rhal in 123 Starfall
Kronstedt, capital of the Radvorian Empire, Radvoria (later called Rhalgard)

The word I bring to you is not from me, but from a voice speaking into my ear since the first of all days. It's not the truth, but nearly endless wisdom, too much for me to bear at times. But it brings messages of hope, messages that I wish to share with you. Our great guide lets me see through his eye.

It was late afternoon. I saw a man looking off into the distance. His face looked lost in thoughts and determined at the same time. I couldn't identify where we were, I never saw a region like this before.
Giant trees grew around us, bigger than any trees that I saw before. To the right from the man, a small sea was surrounded by high eelgrass, and I heard frogs croaking inside of it.
The ground was covered by a well saturated green grass, mottled with violets, thistles and little daisies. If this was a dream, it was a special one, because I even felt a gentle breeze blowing around my cheeks. Fog lay in the air.
It had to be around Asein or Seican, because leafs already started falling down of the grand trees, which rounded down the idyllic scenery.

The man looked over the lake to a forest made out of the big trees, and neither of us noticed a woman approaching from behind us.

"What bothers you, my love?"

The man hadn't turned around for a few seconds, before he responded:

"I sensed another war in the skies. The Ka'naari, En'Slaar and Mentyra armies allied under the banner of chaos, guided by the Insane Spirit. They provoked many lost souls on their way, turning them into mercenaries for their lord, so-called 'Fate Binders'." He sighed. "Just before a few minutes, a brigade of angels was striked down by Lorthak, overly proud head of the greatest Mentyra organization in the near dimensions. And the fighting continues... I'm still asking this one question, Lyria: Why? Why they're not seeing clearer?"

Lyria strode a few steps towards the man, until she was able to put her right hand on his shoulder.

"They need someone to follow, Tythos. There seems to be no one with more influence and power than the Insane."

Tythos' hands formed to fists when he answered:

"The pure evilness of the Spirit is as repulsive as the fact that I'm still trapped in this helpless form of existence. The enemy is growing stronger while I must sleep, eat and move one feet before another to travel this world. Even the sweetest souls of Athor are presumably mocking me for this miserable condition of mine..."

"Calm yourself, my dear. I bring good news from the Maplysten experiment. My powers are already high enough to keep a squirrel hydrated over multiple hours."

"What about the soul travel?"

"It would devastate more than this dimension if it worked at all, and besides I still don't think that it's really possible what we're trying to achieve there."

"It must be possible!"

Tythos turned his head upwards. I followed his eyes and it was at this moment that I noticed the sky looking completely different to everything I had seen before in my long life. I got the impression that it didn't matter how far something was away from us, it was still visible for me. Thus, the sky was like a fascinating, complex picture of ever-changing, flowing, oscillating bodies of different colors, forms and substances, ranging from big moon-like objects, reminding me of Camun, to masses of tiny shining dots forming a glowing carpet in the sky.
Still watching the skies, Tythos changed the topic:

"Haven't seen Loran for a few days now. Is he plotting something?"

"What should he possibly plot?", Lyria asked a little bit confused and unbelieving.

"Why else should he not return telling us how his third mission went off? Isn't this important enough to tell?"

"He may be scared of returning bad news to you. He may be trying to appear strong by fulfilling the mission, even if this means reporting to you to a later time. But there's no reason for thinking about betrayal."

"I certainly hope so...What I would give to constantly know my friends as well as my enemies..."

Suddenly, my sight gets blurry, just to sharpen again, sitting on a chair in a small wooden hut.

With the permission of our great lord in the skies above, I'm writing down the next vision I dreamt of. Inside of the hut, I saw a man and a woman, hermits most likely. The man carved something that looked like it would become a wooden statue when it was ready. When I looked around, I saw more of those statues on a wooden table, but all of them seemed to be quite polished, indicating that they were all made in the last few days. A hiss made me look to the woman, who just threw some herbs into a great iron pot heated by a small flame beneath. Many vials stood around the pot, half of them empty, the other half filled with some orange tincture.

"Do you think they'll work?", the man asked without looking up from his carving.

"Does it matter?", the woman asked back. I could hear hopelessness in her voice. Then, there was silence for a while, a long while. Despite their continous work and the tension that filled their minds, it felt quite cozy in the hut. Every now and then, I would again hear the pot hiss when new herbs were thrown into the mixture. And there was this calming noise of the male hermits' carving knife together with the flame on the pot.

"Delara...", the man said an eternity later.

"Aramir?", Delara replied, a bit surprised about being called with her name.

"I'm scared.", Aramir said.

For a short while, the carving sounds stopped. Then, he continued, just to be interrupted again by heavy knocks on their door.

"Open up, quickly! The royal elite demands entrance!"

Aramir looked to Delara for a second, laid down his knife and the wood, and opened the door.

"So you are...", Aramir began, but the guard who knocked was faster and began to shout:

"May I introduce Tythos of Thannenveid, High Commander of the royal garrison. We are looking for an alchemist called Delara..."

"...who is obviously here, no need to disturb the peace.", Tythos said loud while he stepped before the guard who knocked. I could see him calmly smiling: "My apologies for the rude intrusion. You don't need to bow.", he added when Aramir and Delara tried to pay him the tribute a high commander deserved.

"I see you are preparing yourself. May I ask what you plan to do?", Tythos asked peacefully. It was Delara who found her breath first:

"My Lord... Commander, we will protect ourselves. And we'll protect Dengenfield, and Denmill, too, if that... thing comes."

"You should flee!", one of the guards next to Tythos said, "better to loose a home than your head." There were four of them, four guards and the High Commander, who would one day become the savior of humanity. He asked again, ignoring his comrade:

"What will you do? I see the potions, and...?", Tythos looked to Aramir and over the wooden table.

"Ahh yes, the t..totems", Aramir stuttered. "They are a..ancient magic. Don't you know the tales of the old race, how they trembled when their all-distinguishing eyes saw the totems? The ancient bond between them and us?"

"And if they'll visit us regardless, Lord Commander, those potions will keep us safe.", Delara added, "And you too, I bet?". Even in this time of fear, I could see in Delara's eyes that she would be more than happy to sell some of her freshly brewed goods.

Tythos walked a few steps toward the hermits. I could see that he thought about his words carefully. Then, he looked at Aramir.

"I know the tales, but I'd like to prevent bringing them to a test. Too many lifes depend on it.", he said and his worried look slowly turned to Delara. "Regarding your potions, I indeed have an interest in them, as you might have guessed. It is one reason why we are here. But make no mistake to throw your life away, being fireproof alone won't make you survive. If it wants to kill you... it most certainly will."

"You talked about one reason why you're here. What is the other one?", Aramir asked.

"It is part of our duty to stay in your house for the next one or two nights.", one of Tythos' guards said while looking straight forward, "any inconveniences will be excused and repaid. But the mission of our commander is of utmost importance and can't be delayed any longer."

"And... what is the mission?", Delara asked, but her widened eyes told me that she already knew the answer.

"I'm going to slay a dragon.", Tythos answered calmly.
Back to top Go down

Tythos and Lyria
Page 1 of 1