Crevice Lore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Crevice Lore

Order, Liberty and Chaos are controlling the minds of all those living in Calandhor, a continent placed in the medieval world of Athor. Welcome to Crevice!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The eager fool

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LukeSG

The eager fool Empty
PostSubject: The eager fool   The eager fool EmptySun Oct 27, 2019 4:16 pm

There was once a man who wanted to become an adventurer. As he told his friends about his plan, many laughed at him, but a few also told him: "If you really want to become an adventurer, you need to get an armor first, or else you will get eaten by wild boars!"

He was a well-heeled man, but he said to himself: "I can create armor myself!". So he started learning, studying the materials and techniques for building different kinds of armor. The other smiths laughed at him, but he didn't care.

It took three years until he built himself an armor that was worthy in his eyes. As he wanted to go, his friends told him: "But what about your sword? An armor alone won't help you, you have to defeat your opponents!"

They were right, he thought, but he didn't want to have just some generic sword, but a sword that was made from him for him. So he started learning to smith swords. More years passed by, until he was satisfied with his beautiful sword, which he gave the title "The Adventurer's blade".

He was on his way outside of the door, when he heard the guards talking to each other:

"It's a wonder that Drella survived the bandits attack!"

"Oh, that wasn't a wonder, that was alchemy! Our alchemist cured her wounds with special potions and spells. Sometimes I wish I knew what this alchemists are really doing there..."

Potions! Healing Spells! He needed to learn alchemy and wizardry, so he started to read books, brew potions and tried as hard as he could to find magical potential inside of himself.

The years passed by and he got more and more frustrated, because he was so slowly learning how to cast spells. Besides, his potions were really bad, he sometimes even poisoned himself by brewing the wrong potion.

So he got sick, fighting more with himself than following his plans. An old friend of him came to him and asked:

"Didn't you want to become an adventurer before many years?"

"Yes, but...", and he told his friend the whole story. As he had finished, his friend asked:

"Have you ever thought about buying an armor? Buying a sword? Buying potions and magical scrolls?"

It was at this moment that he realized what he had done:

"I wanted to be an adventurer, because I wanted to get away from this people. I wanted my own armor and my own sword for not having to deal with the armorers and smiths selling them. I wanted to learn magics and alchemy myself, because I trusted nobody to teach it to me in the way I wanted to learn it. I didn't trust this society, and I paid my price. I will give the sword and armor to my son, and tell him that he shall live the adventures that I never had!"

His friend looked at the floor for a long time, than he said:

"I think you should do that. Buy a few potions and scrolls and do what you always wanted!"

And that's what he did. When he left the city, he felt a way of freedom that he never felt before...
Back to top Go down

The eager fool
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crevice Lore :: Fiction :: Stories of Athor-
Jump to: