Crevice Lore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Crevice Lore

Order, Liberty and Chaos are controlling the minds of all those living in Calandhor, a continent placed in the medieval world of Athor. Welcome to Crevice!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The heir of the Ximulai

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LukeSG

The heir of the Ximulai Empty
PostSubject: The heir of the Ximulai   The heir of the Ximulai EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 2:57 pm

A great clearing lies in the mid of a forest that reaches all the way up to the mountain of Godrag. The clearing is amazingly flat, given the fact that the mountain is a very steep one. Rows of wooden tables are spread all over the clearing, which gets spare light from the clouded sky above. On every table, crowds of Ximulai sit on wooden tree stumps while eating all kinds of delicious dishes that are served from other Ximulai every now and then. A scholar who studied other Ximulai roaming the lands of Calandhor would most certainly be confused about the civilized behavior he'd witness here, because Ximulai are normally not known for their good manners. But these weren't the average Ximulai, you could see this on their clothing: Robes in different colors, but with a clear tendency to green, decorated a great number of them, while the others were often suited in parts of more typical, but clearly more polished Ximulai armor. If you'd look closer, you could sometimes see a strange green light flickering over some of the armors and robes, even more often on the ones that look the most noble. This mystic sense of magic gets even more empowered by the wooden staffs that are standing next to many tables, as tall as the Ximulai themselves, and a bit thicker than a normal stick of that length. Some of them are talking to each other, but it seems as if they'd wait for something to happen. Most of the Ximulai were sitting in the same direction, looking at one longer table. This table was the most interesting of all: A few little Ximulai sat there, who don't seem to share the tension and noble behavior of the others. Instead, they sometimes stand up and run around the table chasing each other, fighting with branches and then sit down again after a strict look from an old, but tall Ximulai full of muscles, but still dressed in a beautiful green robe while also wearing a lot of golden rings and necklaces at various spots on his body. You can see from the first glance, that this one is important. He sits exactly in the middle of the long table, and seems to watch the small Ximulai with parental care, but also a bit of amusement. Right before him on the table, there's no food, but a staff that emits an intense, but still warm green light out of its front. No other staff amongst the other attending Ximulai bears this clear sign of strong magic.

"The time has come..."

The voice of the elder Ximulai breaks the silence in the most spectacular way. Right after he stood up and spoke his first words, that roared like a thunder from the other mountains around them, lightning strikes went down in a wide semi-circle from the place he spoke, but far away from all Ximulai, up in the sky. The heaven seemed to be even more cloudy than before, and it felt like a storm would be about to rise.

"You all know, why I called you away from your caves, your villages and your caravans."

There is nothing to be heard apart from his voice, again roaring like a thunder, calm winds that breathe over the heads of the silent and stunned Ximulai and the lightning strikes that are followed by the eyes of the younger ones, who might have seen this spectacle their first time.

"I am old. My YE-GY is old."

As he speaks the powerful word, his staff glows up even and starts floating in the air, while green sparks are emitting from it.

"My destiny is not on this world, and neither is yours."

A bit of sadness lies in this words, carried away by the winds. While every sentence was followed by a great pause, he now seems to come to the interesting part.

"But if I am gone... One must follow. I know that many of you wish to follow, but let me warn you: As well as it is an honor, it is also a burden. The weight on your shoulders will rise, your mind...", he looks to a few tables where nearly all Ximulai wear robes, "... will be challenged in a way that you won't understand until you stood where I stood, when you've seen what I've seen. But, if you follow the way of our masters, if you act for them, and not for yourself - then you will find this path to be a way of glory, of fulfillment and honor."

As he takes his staff, he gets surrounded by green light and begins to shout:

"Oh wise lord and friend, heir of Godrag the Elder, bringer of balance, preserver of might, our savior and protector! You allowed me, in your incomparable generosity, to call you by your name given to you by the Elder himself. As we are gathered here, we seek your knowledge and wisdom, oh great lord ANTHALOR!"

[...]
Back to top Go down

The heir of the Ximulai
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crevice Lore :: Fiction :: Stories of Athor-
Jump to: